The SpaceThis beautiful 3 bedroom, 2 full bathroom, South Lake Tahoe Cabin is walking distance from the beach. Warm knotty pine interior, with huge windows throughout the house for tons of morning and afternoon light. Brand new cooks kitchen, large 8 seater hot tub, brand new stainless steel BBQ, and game room with pool table and ping pong. Large deck with built-in picnic seating and wrap-around yard is perfect for a lazy Sunday family bar-b-que. Handicap accessible ramps in the front and back.
Relax around the fireplace with plenty of seating for marathon board games or perhaps your own hold'em tourney. The house comes complete with an entertainment center including a large LCD HD TV with cable in every room, Sony Playstation 2 and 3 (Blu-Ray and DVD player), and a 5 disc stereo with iPod connectivity. Play hooky from work a couple days extra but bring your laptop in case you need to fake it - wireless internet provided.
Gourmets will be ecstatic about the newly remodeled Kitchen with granite countertops, breakfast bar, and brand new top-of-the-line appliances including dishwasher. High efficiency Washer and Dryer can be found in the hall bathroom. The master bathroom remodel has just finished - check out the pictures.
The hot tub is large enough to fit a party, and comes with all the bells and whistles. Built in stereo and speakers, lights, and each person has controls to turn on/off and control the ferocity of the jets for their individual seat without even getting up.
This home is in the Al Tahoe neighborhood, in a quiet area a few blocks from Lake Tahoe Blvd, 5 blocks from the beach. The public boat ramp is 4 blocks away. A short walk away is a video store, liquor store, two sandwich shops, a coffee and bagels shop, an old school bbq restaurant, a burrito place, a mexican restaurant, sprouts organic cafe, Picchetti Winery, and a ski/board/bike/boat rental shop to help you with all of your activity needs. Just down the main drag are the casinos and amazing nightlife. Have a drink too many? A cab ride is typically $10 or less back.
Heavenly Mountain can be accessed from the main gondola in heavenly village (2 miles away), closer up ski run blvd, or you can drive to the nevada side up route 237. There is a Heavenly ski shuttle once an hour that is walking distance and hourly BlueGo Route 50 busses that pick up at the end of the block
Sierra at Tahoe is a 20-30 minute drive and Kirkwood is roughly 40-45minutes.
In walking distance, the South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena offers a year-round indoor rink, featuring a pristine NHL size sheet of ice, 4 locker rooms, snack bar, retail store, arcade and two private party rooms.
Also, in walking distance:
Bijou Community Park is South Lake Tahoe’s only true community park. Constructed in 1992, the park offers diverse recreation opportunities to both residents and visitors alike. Located at 1201 Al Tahoe Blvd. Highlights include:
• One of the top disc golf courses in the country (no fee to play)
• Two covered gazebos with barbeque pits. Both are available for rental.
• Skateboard park
• Volleyball courts (sand, 2)
• Fitness course
• Basketball court
• Open meadow; great for walking or just relaxing
• Historic railroad exhibit
• Horseshoe pits (2)
• Dog Park – separate areas for small & large dogs
The El Dorado Recreation Area is the largest beach area in the middle of South Lake Tahoe at Hwy 50 & Lakeview Ave. It is the place to go.
• Large turf area
• Multiple picnic/BBQ areas
• Boat launch with floating dock (fee)
• Kayak & water toy concession
• Swim area (no lifeguard)
• Bike trail
Regan Beach is the south shore’s oldest beach facility located along Lakeview Avenue. It is a more secluded and tranquil setting perfect for quiet picnics, kayak launching and relaxing.
• Rental area perfect for weddings & groups
• Sand volleyball court
• Large grassy area
• Observation deck, concession & restrooms
• Restaurant (Memorial – Labor Day holidays)
Pope beach is a beautiful one mile long, 300 foot wide strip of sand on the lake. This is an excellent beach for families, with lots of sand, room, clear shallow water, and relative shelter from the winds. The parking lot runs the entire length of the beach so there are no long walks. There are plenty of picnic tables and grills as well. There are also restrooms scattered along the length of the beach. Pope beach is an easy 3 mile bike ride or drive (2 miles north of the "Y" up 89). It is free for hikers and bikers, $7 parking fee.
Just past Pope Beach there is Camp Richardson, which has a great beachside restaurant and bar, but can get a little crowded on a sunny weekend day. They are famous for their rum runners. Definitely try one, but probably not two if you drove. :)
- Close by Bijou Golf Course, a historic 9 hole Executive Course set in a High Sierra Alpine Meadows with vistas of Heavenly Ski Area and Freal Peak.
- Set along the south shore of beautiful Lake Tahoe, Edgewood Tahoe is in arguably one of the most scenic golf courses in the world, and the quintessential Lake Tahoe golf experience
- Just minutes from the South Shore Casinos, the Lake Tahoe Golf Course is Lake Tahoe's best championship golf value. Located in a mountain meadow surrounded by the High Sierras, 18 hole course with driving range.
- Tahoe Paradise, one of Lake Tahoe’s most scenic, and affordable, golf courses nestled in the majestic pines of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, just four miles from South Lake Tahoe. 18 hole course with driving range.
Designated a “Bicycle Friendly Community”, South Lake Tahoe currently has 7.2 miles of Class 1 trails (another 15+ miles are being added soon). You can ride from the Stateline corridor thru town and on out to the trails along Hwy 89 which will take you out to those beautiful beaches and Camp Richardson. Stay tuned – the new trail system will allow the cyclist to travel from Meyers to Stateline without having to ride on the road!
Hot Tub, Billiards, Deck, Patio, Bbq, Fireplace, DVD Player, Cable, Internet, Laundry
Beds galore! 1 King, 1 Queen, 1 Full size futon, 1 Twin Bunk, 2 Twin beds, 1 twin trundle. Living room couch folds out to a full bed. Sleeps 9-12.