The SpaceThe chalet is light filled and has a north facing courtyard and wrap-around verandah making it perfect for sun bathing and outdoor meals.
Open plan living with an upstairs bedroom, a huge ceiling fan and air-conditioning/heating perfect for some time out. The open design with double doors brings the outside in and makes for a lovely experience year
* Romantic, Secluded, and Light and Airy Chalet - a unique property in the heart of St Kilda. It is a tranquil paradise!
* Gorgeous outdoor area for sunbathing, cooking and eating
* Lush and Tranquil Garden
* Comfortable & good-quality Queen-size bed endorsed by the Osteopaths' Association of Australia
* Luxurious leather sofa, high quality German made, which folds out into a sturdy and comfortable double bed
* Natural Light abounds - more happiness!
* Open Plan Kitchen/Lounge/Dining
* Period style bathroom with unlimited hot water
* Safe and Secure and Private location with electronic security entrance
* Street Parking available (Please send me a request for the permit if required)
* Clean, Clean, Clean - Guaranteed!
* Euro kitchen (Miele gas stove, Miele oven/microwave and Bosch dishwasher)
* Quality Queen-sized Bed (All linen provided are High Quality 100% cotton)
* 2nd bed is the fold-out couch (extremely comfortable top-of-the-range German manufactured)
* Quality Towels & FaceWashers (High Quality 100% cotton)
* Beach Towels (High Quality 100% cotton)
* Air Conditioning, Heating - super strong system!
* Shower with unlimited hot water
* Stereo sound system (Samsung wireless audio) - awesome speakers! Just bring your iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Android or Windows device and synch via Bluetooth, Air Play or just plug it in.
* DVD player
* Quality Euro Kitchen - all Sparkling Clean (Miele gas stove, Miele electric oven/microwave combo)
* Dishwasher - Bosch
* Refrigerator, Microwave, Toaster, Crockery, Cutlery, Cooking Utensils (full set of pots, pans, bowls,& kitchen implements included and guaranteed to be Clean!)
* TV 50 inch Panasonic
* Washing Machine/ Dryer combination
* Steam Iron + Ironing-board
* Vacuum cleaner
* Bathroom scales
* Outdoor setting - tables & chairs
* FREE WiFi Broadband provided ("ADSL 2+" - Quality, Super-Fast. Data limits: 15 GB/day)
* Street Car Parking available ((Permit Parking - you are free to use the permit, but if you lose it the Council's replacement fee is $250)
COMPLIMENTARY WELCOME PROVISIONS:
* Twinings tea
* Quality Coffee
* Sugar, Salt & Pepper, Milk, Olive oil, Balsamic Vinegar
* Laundry Powder, Dishwashing liquid, Cleaners, Tissues
* Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner Guest AccessGuests rent the entire property, including the garden area.
Sometimes my guests bring their pets; please let me know if you intend to do this. Interaction with GuestsI do not live in the chalet, but I'm close by if any help is required. My son Jan ('Yan') lives in the next street so he'll often drop by when guests need help. The NeighborhoodLOCATION:
*Located 6km from Melbourne's CBD, St Kilda is a beautiful bay-side suburb with a cosmopolitan flair and village atmosphere.
*If you like walking, then this is an ideal location. I prefer to do most of my travel on foot, public transport and bicycle. All the best Melbourne has to offer is easily within reach by foot and public transport. However, car lovers are looked after with easy access to Melbourne's major arterials, such as Nepean Highway and Dandenong Road only a couple of streets away.
*The 96 tram (20 -25 mins to Melb CBD), Albert Park Lake and heaps of cool cafes and restaurants are a stroll
St Kilda is one of the most interesting, beautiful and Bohemian parts of Melbourne.
Fitrzroy, Acland, Carlisle and Inkerman Streets are mere minutes away and are home to some of Melbourne's best shops and famous restaurants, bars and cafes, including: Cicciolina, Fitzrovia, Rococo, Claypots, Radio Mexico, Cafe Di Stasio, Donovans, Lau's Family Kitchen, Wabi Sabi Garden, Pelican, Newmarket Hotel, Dr Jekyll, etc.
Shoppers will love St Kilda too - notable for its fashion boutiques, hip and retro recycles, home-wares and book stores.
Kite-Surfing on the bay and many recreational facilities including the Sea Baths, Albert Park Lake and Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre are close-by. Hire a bike or jog along the beautiful foreshore
The infamous St Kilda beach is minutes away by foot. Take a stroll down Acland Street and munch on some of the best pastries imaginable. Continue along to the St Kilda beach boardwalk and visit the fairy-penguin inhabitants at sunset as they return to nest after a hard day's swimming. Explore the coastal trail from St Kilda to Elwood (jog up heart-attack hill to clear the lungs!) Move on to Brighton, or head up to trendy Port Melbourne for a spot of roller-blading, sun-bathing and finish the day with the best crispy fish'n'chips (& salad!) by the port.
Please note St Kilda is 'colourful', and has a long Bohemian history so you may see ladies of the night. Getting AroundWALKER'S PARADISE:
Everything you need is within easy walking distance, including mega-supermarkets, hipster cafes, artisan bakeries, local galleries, live-music venues, fabulous hairdressers, and public transport, not to mention the novel Victorian-era Restaurant-Tram. There's even an internationally renowned Italian cheese-maker down the street!
Public transport is a breeze. The 96 tram stop is only a few minutes walk away on Acland Street and will take you into Melbourne's city centre within 20-25 minutes on a good run! St Kilda is surrounded by beautiful bay-side areas including Albert Park, South Yarra, Prahran and Port Melbourne so there's a vast range of shopping, dining and recreational opportunities on offer. St Kilda is a vibrant and wonderful location in the most livable city in the world.
Drivers are located close to major arterials which means you'll be on the freeway in no time, whether it's Phillip Island, the Great Ocean Road, the Dandenongs, or Mornington Peninsula - all easily accessible day trips from the chalet. Other Things to NoteMost people who've stayed in the chalet love it - it really is a special place.
However, please note St Kilda is 'colourful', and has a long Bohemian history so you may see ladies of the night.
There are possums living in the trees near the chalet. You'll see them come out at night and eat fruits and vegetation. Possums are cute and furry marsupials but they easily frighten. They are not dangerous but please do not attempt to pat them or pick them up; they might use their sharp claws to break free. You might hear them jump on the roof too!