The SpacePositioned in a relaxed beachside setting, away from the hustle and bustle of Byron Bay town, based on the main street of beachside Suffolk Park and only a moments stroll to the sands of Tallow Beach, our 140sqm home sleeps up to six.
Listen to the waves and birdlife from this quality, child friendly beach stay with simple features throughout, providing an easy-going ambiance with a fully fenced tropical gardens and outdoor space.
- Open plan lounge/kitchen featuring hardwood bi-fold doors, opening onto the north facing garden and deck with a simple outdoor setting, a kiddies picnic table and a tropo kids cubby house!
- Kitchen includes all modern appliances with a garden outlook.
- Back garden has outdoor shower (with HOT and cold water!), some seating and a small grassy area.
- Bedroom has a comfy queen bed, built in wardrobe, desk and a lush view of the back garden.
- Bathroom features a generous sized bathtub/shower (1.5m x 1.5m) and laundry cupboard (washer + dryer).
Upstairs is the new addition to the home where you will enjoy treetop views from every louvre window.
- Main bedroom is north facing, bright and modern with a king bed, walk in wardrobe and ceiling fan for added comfort
- Children’s room has two single beds, a dressing rack and bookshelf with books perfect for bedtime stories (note- we don't have block out blinds or curtains on the windows)
- Bathroom is full size with a shower
- We provide FREE WiFi and Netflix
- We only use professional linen + cleaning services
- Beach towels are provided for your stay (x6) Guest AccessThe home is yours during your stay. The property has a seperate studio which we host "THE TALLOW ROOM" regularly. We have successfully hosted over 150 groups (please feel free to read our reviews), this studio will be blocked out during your stay and used as storage for all of our belongings. Interaction with GuestsThe key will either be left for you to arrive at your leisure or we will arrange a time to meet and if at all during your stay you require assistance, we are happy to help otherwise you will have complete privacy and the home all to yourself for the duration of your stay. The NeighborhoodAt THE TALLOW HOUSE, everything Suffolk Park has to offer is on your doorstep. With the beach track less than 100m across the road, it is also a beautiful stroll to Broken Head Nature Reserve and the Tea Tree Lakes. There is a children's park a short walk down Alcorn Street. The Suffolk Park Shops include a local grocery store, bakery (best coffee and fresh baked goodies on the premises), pub, restaurants, takeaways, shopping and chemist- all a short walk away. Local transport to festivals, Byron Bay and surrounds is on your doorstep.
If you venture out of our beachside village- just a short seven minute drive to the world famous, unique and truly magical Byron Bay, where you can try surfing, sea kayaking, diving, whale watching, a walk up to the iconic lighthouse, explore the art galleries, shops and markets, indulge yourself in yoga and a massage, or relax at one of the many restaurants and cafes. There are also other towns and beautiful hinterland surrounding us so you are able to escape to your ideal holiday destination, no matter what it may be. Your options are endless, please ask if you would like any recommendations, we are happy to help! Getting AroundThe bus stop is next to our home, providing transport to all areas. Most guests use Byron Easy Bus as their airport shuttle or rent a car if not driving their own. Other Things to NoteWe are on the main road of our beachside village, so we always feel ‘amongst it’ rather than tucked in suburbia, bikes are always riding past, families strolling to and from the beach and surfers running to the waves. You will hear people on the street passing by during your stay but this buzz adds to the character of our home.
- Other special notes about our home- we do not have on site parking, the street parking is literally at the front gate (this is where we park). Also, we do not have air conditioning.
Welcome to THE TALLOW HOME xx Megan, Mike & family