The SpacePrivate entrance, nicely renovated (Fall 2012), apartment in the basement of our personal home. Relax on a full futon or double rocker loveseat while watching cable TV & relaxing.
There is a microwave, coffee maker, small fridge and single burner for cooking, as well as a sink and counter area in the kitchenette.
Walking from the parking area down to the private entrance there are sensored spotlight to light the path in the evenings.
The basement entrance has a nice, screened in deck with a double swing & rocking chairs that face the wooded backyard & fire pit where we can get a fire started for you, providing we have good weather. We usually have S'mores that are always a good addition to the fireside experience. In the cooler months there is usually hot chocolate, tea, or coffee in the apt to bring to the fire to sip as you are mesmerized by the flames.
You may see deer or other wildlife roaming the woods!
Area sights to see are:
* 5 mins. to the beautiful 186 ft. Toccoa Falls on the campus of Toccoa Falls College
* 10 min to Curahee Winery, wine tasting, live music on weekends
* 20 min to Curahee Mountain, great views, hiking
* 25 mins from breathtaking Tallulah Gorge & Hirticane Falls - great hiking
* 20 mins from Panther Creek hiking & falls off of Hwy 441 in Hollywood
* Lots of hiking trails in the area
* 20 mins. to quaint Clarkesville! good restaurants - The Attic & Copper Pot
* 45 mins to Bavarian Alpine village of Helen, GA, tubing on the Chattahoochee River, and Unicoi State Park
* 1 hr. to beautiful downtown Main St. Greenville, SC
* 1 hr 15 min to Dahlonega, GA, historic gold rush town
* 1 1/2 hrs to Mall of Georgia north of Atlanta
* 1 1/2 hrs to Cherokee Indian reservation in the Great Smoky Mountains
* 2 1/2 hrs. to Asheville and the Biltmore House
* 2 hrs. south to Atlanta Hartsfield/Jackson airport, depending on time of day & traffic
* 1 1/2 miles from the Amtrak station, located in downtown Toccoa. It travels south to downtown Atlanta, Birmingham, AL & New Orleans in the morning and north toward Clemson, Greenville, SC, Charlotte, NC and on to D.C. late in the evening.
Ingles food store is a couple miles
Walmart is 6 miles from the house.
There are a few clothing stores, dollar stores, drugstores and banks within 2-3 miles.
Come visit this beautiful area for some great activities or to just relax. Guest AccessA walkway from the parking area down to the entrance has motion sensor lights to light the path. The basement is private with access from the outside, lower deck entrance. Interaction with GuestsIf we all are available, it's great sitting around the fire getting to know our guests. There are many possibilities for things to do in the area so you can message me to ask questions. The NeighborhoodThe neighborhood is on a quiet cul de sac. The road is great for an evening stroll to the main road or a jog up town. There are woods surrounding one side and back of the property. Toccoa Falls on the college campus or Henderson Falls park are very close for picnics or walks. Getting AroundThere is no public transportation.
The Amtrak train station is a 1 1/2 miles from the house
There is a small airport in Toccoa about 2 miles from here also.