The SpaceThis is a cozy, private entrance, nicely renovated (Fall 2012), apartment in the basement of our personal home. One bed is in a small bedroom. The second is a high quality, comfy futon in the living room. Relax on the double rocker loveseat while watching cable TV or using WIFI. In the chillier months there is a small log fireplace to keep warm.
You can use the microwave or make coffee at the kitchenette area that also has a small fridge and single burner for cooking.
Walking from the parking area down to the private entrance there are spotlights to light the path.
A couple can snuggle up in the double bed in the bedroom. There is also a comfortable futon in the living room area.
The basement entrance has a nice deck with a double swing that faces the backyard fire pit where we can get a fire started for you, providing we have good weather. We usually have S'mores that are always a good addition to the fireside experience. In the cooler months we can whip up some hot chocolate, tea, or coffee to sip as you are mesmerized by the flames. You may see deer or other wildlife roaming the woods!
Surrounding area sights to see are:
* 5 mins. to the beautiful 186 ft.Toccoa Falls on the campus of Toccoa Falls College
* 20 mins from breathtaking Tallulah Gorge
* Lots of hiking trails in the area that we can direct you to
* 20 mins. to quaint Clarkesville where there are some great restaurants
* 45 mins to Bavarian Alpine village of Helen, GA, tubing on the Chattahoochee River, and Unicoi State Park or some nice hiking in the area.
* 1 hr. to beautiful downtown Greenville, SC Main St.
* 1 hr 15 min to Dahlonega, GA, historic gold rush town
* 1 1/2 hrs to Mall of Georgia north of Atlanta
* 1 1/2 hrs to Cherokee Indian reservation in the Great Smoky Mountains
* 2 1/2 hrs. to Asheville and the Biltmore House
* 2 hrs. south to Atlanta Hartsfield/Jackson airport, depending on time of day &strafing
* 1 1/2 miles from the Amtrak station, located in downtown Toccoa. It travels south to downtown Atlanta, Birmingham, AL & New Orleans in the morning and north toward Clemson, Greenville, SC, Charlotte, NC and on to D.C. late in the evening.
Ingles food store is a couple miles
Walmart is located 6 miles from our house. There are a few clothing stores, dollar stores, drugstores and banks within 2-3 miles.
Come visit this beautiful area for some great activities or to just relax. Guest AccessA walkway from the parking area down to the entrance has motion sensor lights to light the path. The basement is private with access from the outside, lower deck entrance. Interaction with GuestsWe love to sit around the fire on good days for chatting. We have lots of suggestions of what to do in the area so you can message me to answer any questions for places to see. The NeighborhoodThe neighborhood is on a quiet cul de sac. The road is great for an evening stroll to the main road or a jog up town. There are woods surrounding one side and back of the property. Toccoa Falls on the college campus or Henderson Falls park is very close for picnics or walks. Getting AroundThere is no public transportation, like public buses. There are taxis in town a mile away. The Amtrak train station is a 1 1/2 miles from the house and can be taken south to Atlanta on to Birmingham, AL or north toward Charlotte, NC and on to D.C. There is a small airport in Tocoa about 2 miles from here also.
There are no buses that come through Toccoa.