The SpaceGenesis Eco-Oasis is a lush space in the heart of the Yucatan Peninsula, minutes from an internationally important archaeological site and enchanting sacred cenotes. In the welcoming Maya village of Ek Balam, you will find the atmosphere friendly, laid back, completely safe, authentic and teeming with life! Mosquitos are minimal and we recommend light colored, loose fitting clothes at dusk and dawn when they do come out. We have:
· Pool with water from a subterranean river 40
. Healthy Breakfasts and dinners
· Group facilities
· Temazcal and Meditation Dome
· Social areas with friendly like-minded guests
· Rental Bikes and Binoculars
Small library with travel books
Areas to lounge, relax, watch birds
Genesis is owner operated by Lee, a Canadian expat who built the lodge from scratch as a labor of love. Over the 13 years at
Genesis she has built a regular clientele of amazing guests including families, couples and singles of all backgrounds from scientists, to artists and global travelers. The highlight of the day is sharing evening meals and travel stories, ideas and opinions.
But the lodge is also appropriate for seclusion. The rooms are tucked in lush, private green areas and have porches with sitting areas, candlelit pool and paths.
English is Spoken
Complete hot breakfast included for for Air BnB Customers Only: coffee, tea, juice, toast or pastry, banana pancakes, tropical fruit, organic eggs with chaya (wild green).
Nightly 3 course dinners are $12, always
homemade, locally grown and mostly
· Arrivals Information Package Provided
· Tours and Activities
· Daily Housekeeping included
· Group Rentals Guest AccessGuests have access to our gorgeous cenote-fed pool, the tropical gardens (you can tour them on the web site.) and the dining and lounging areas. There is also a meditation dome and places for personal yoga practice. We have a computer in the public check-in area for you to use for emails but we choose not to have WiFi at this time. Interaction with GuestsDuring high season, December to May guests enjoy the evening atmosphere in our dining room as international clientele gather to enjoy dinner together and recount their adventures. Many new friendships have been struck between our like-minded guests. My residence is on site and I am normally here to interact with guests. The NeighborhoodMaya culture is dynamic and fascinatingly paradoxical. Many ancestral elements hold strong and somehow survive in spite of the strong influences of the industrialized world. The people are friendly, helpful and respectful. Here, you can learn how to make hammocks, play barefoot soccer in the park, cook underground, make tortillas from scratch or just take each day as it comes. Our neighborhood is minutes to cenotes and the Ek Balam site once the seat of power for northern Yucatan; We are 35 minutes to Chichen Itza, and half an hour to Colonial Valladolid and cenotes Zaci, Dzitnup, Samula and more. Getting AroundRegular, inexpensive first class bus service to Valladolid is available from Cancun or Merida for about $15 dollars. From Valladolid, private taxis cost (about 12 dollars) for 1-4 passengers. By shared taxi (collectivo), the cost is 40 pesos per person. If you are travelling by car ask for our simple instructions to get here from Cancun in just over 2 hours. Our arrivals package includes local and regional maps and detailed instructions.
Once in Ek Balam you can rent a bike, walk or order a taxi to get to the archaeological zone and cenotes. You are in a safe, rural area. Local taxis can take you anywhere inexpensively but please book in advance as there are only 2 drivers in the village. Other Things to NoteGenesis is owner operated and there is 24 presence onsite.