Osa Mountain Village - Eco/Adventure Community
- Airport Shuttle
- Pets Allowed
- Swimming Pool
- Smoking Allowed
Osa Mountain Village Resort (OMV) is one of those rare very special places on the planet. With spectacular panoramic ocean views, and located on 750+ acres deep in the jungle forest mountains above the beach on the 'neck' of the Osa Peninsula, OMV is the ideal spot for either that get-away-from-it-all vacation or as homebase for great adventure. Enjoy a myriad of on-site activities from the relaxing and sanguine to the adventurous and exhilarating. As one of the most bio-diverse places on the planet, the resort's proximity to the Corcovado National Park on the Osa Peninsula provides endless opportunities for new experiences. Wake every morning to the primeval sound of resident howler monkeys and marvel at the sound and sight of more than 200 species of tropical birds that populate the jungle forest.
It is a bit of a challenge to get up the hill from the Costanera Sur (the costal highway) to OMV Resort. Currently, a 4-wheel drive vehicle is suggested to make the climb (advisable for all driving in Costa Rica!), or you can call ahead to arrange for a ride up to the community, leaving your vehicle at the OMV office on the highway or we will pick you up at the bus station in either Palmar Sur or Uvita. (subject to my availablitiy)
THE OMV RESORT COMMUNITY
Based on a concept of sustainability, the resort features edible plantings, gardens, and organic farming that provides a large portion of the food resources required for bountiful living. The community center, restaurant, and bar have supplemental solar power.
At 2000 feet above sea level, Osa Mountain Village Resort is above the sweltering heat and humidity found on the coast. Its location provides the perfect balance for warm tropical comfort and healing from whatever ails you. Daytime temperatures typically run in the middle 80s (upper 20°s Celsius), with nighttime temperatures in the upper 60s and low 70s (low 20°s Celsius).
Even so, humidity can be quite high at times (it is after all a rainforest!), which is why it so nice that our villa is outfitted with both an adjustable roof vent. And, remember, you can always take a dip in one of the refreshing community swimming pools, only steps away from the villa.
Our One bedroom villa is brand new, completely outfitted with all modern conveniences! When you step through the front door, the open floor plan with high vaulted ceilings is a welcome surprise.
Villa Features include:
• Tiled floors throughout
• Granite countertops
• Gas range and stove
• Under-counter lighting
• Adjustable roof vent
• Covered exterior deck that looks out toward the jungle mountain
SUSTAINABLE GARDENS & FARM
All rentals include a share of fruits, vegetables, eggs, and meat from the OMV sustainable gardens and farm, which is typically distributed twice per week. Note: It is your responsibility to learn the current days and method of food distribution upon your arrival to take advantage of this unique resort benefit.
AVAILABLE ON-SITE ACTIVITIES & ADVENTURES
Purchase separately on-site, or ask us and we will put a discount package together for you! Please note that the available on-site activities and adventures vary. Please inquire regarding those you can expect to be available during your stay.
• CANOPY TOUR ZIP LINE -- For the truly adventurous! 9 cables, 11 platforms, 2 repelling stations, 1 suspension bridge, and an amazing 'Tarzan' swing.
• HIKE TO A WATERFALL -- There is a small river and several beautiful waterfalls on the property as well as walking paths that take you up close and personal with all the jungle forest has to offer. Bring a walking stick and some good hiking shoes!
• MOUNTAIN BIKE PATHS -- Currently under development are combined use hiking and mountain bike paths that will soon be extended throughout all 750+ acres. The paths will offer a wide variety of difficulty -- from those with an average 5° grade to others with much greater challenge.
• OMV VOLUNTEER CENTER -- A not-for-profit Volunteer Center provides training in organic farming, permaculture and sustainable living.
*** INQUIRE ABOUT WEEKLY, MONTHLY OR LONG TERM LEASE ***