The Space***WEEKDAY SPECIAL: Stay Sunday to Wednesday, stay Thursday night free! :)
*** Stay 7 days, pay for 6 only.
* Tweed Shire approved B&B - No cleaning fee, however we do ask our guests to ensure rubbish is disposed of thoughtfully and dirty dishes etc washed prior to departure.
* Children under 2 stay free ( $25.00 per night per child over 2 years of age. Portacot & high chair available upon request. Need to supply own bedding for portacot. Safety gates available for the stairs.
* Generous breakfast provisions provided for the FIRST night of your stay only. ( Bread, bacon, free-range eggs, local premium Muesli, baked beans, butter, orange juice, milk, choice of teas/ground or pod coffee/jams, condiments etc. Enough food for 2 days usually! )
* "O-sake" available for purchase separately on site. Cash only purchases.
* Smoking not permitted inside the chalet. Outside is fine.
* We have a strict cancellation policy.
Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning:
* "Self-catering" B&B accommodation
* Best suited to one couple or couple with small family ( 2 kids + 1 baby max) . We are absolutely a family friendly locale!
* Separate down stairs living space with 2 Japanese daybeds that convert to two single beds for sleeping. *** As stated above, this property is best suited to 2 adults. Up to 2 children can be accommodated on the two single daybeds downstairs. ( All extra bedding is supplied in plastic crates for guests to access at their leisure. )
* 10 mat "tatami mat" loft bedroom with openable roof windows & platform queen size bed. ( This room is open to the downstairs living space, therefore in terms of privacy, this arrangement may not suit all guests. )
* Luxurious bathroom with a Japanese touch.
* Separate, fully self-contained kitchenette with dining table and seating for 4 people. Essential cooking items, electrical items, crockery, cutlery & glassware all provided. The chalet does not have an oven, however does have a microwave oven.
* Completely private Japanese style courtyard garden with deck and gas BBQ. Garden has floodlights to illuminate the rainforest and creek below.
* Japanese "yukata" (robes) for use during one's stay and guest slippers available for guest's convenience. ( Robes/slippers for adult guests only. )
* Complimentary toiletries; all linen provided
* "Hotaru" ( fireflies ) can be seen from your chalet garden every year between August and September. Presence is seasonal however, and can not be guaranteed. We provide "hotaru sighting" updates on our (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) page for those who are interested!
* A variety of friendly farm animals. Supervised feeding of animals possible, weather etc permitting. (Donkeys, alpacas, sheep and assorted poultry! )
* Free Wifi available ( normal usage only/no excessive downloads )
* Early check-ins ( before 3pm ) can not be accommodated. Late check-outs may be possible at the discretion of the owner.
*** Short notice/same day bookings: please note that due to practical constraints, it may not always be possible to accommodate last-minute bookings (ie. within less than 24 hours notice of arrival )
* Chalet Hotaru only 5 mins from bottom car park/entrance to Mount Warning ( climbing path )/ just 3 minutes from Mavis's Kitchen Restaurant/ 5 mins ( drive ) to village of Uki/40 mins to Nimbin/ 10 mins to Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre/15 mins to Murwillumbah/45 mins to Gold Coast Airport and 1 hour to Byron Bay Guest AccessGuests are permitted into the yard of the main residence by invitation only
( ie. When feeding the livestock )
Guests can access the creek and waterhole from the rear driveway, but are urged to exercise caution. Swimming is strictly not permitted in the waterhole and children must be fully supervised at all times please.
( During times of flood, guests must avoid the creek and waterhole.) Interaction with GuestsYou will be greeted on arrival and shown through your accommodation. The hosts live on the property close by. Despite the relative proximity of the main residence, our guests are afforded total privacy. Having said that, we are friendly folk, and are more than happy to interact with our guests as well. We let our guests decide the level of interaction they wish to have with us!
If our guests ( or their children ) have the time and interest, we offer them the opportunity to enjoy supervised feeding of our little menagerie of farm animals too! The NeighborhoodChalet Hotaru, Mt Warning is in a small locale named " Dum Dum"! It's located in one of the most supremely picturesque parts of the Tweed Valley. We are just a stone's throw away from the Tweed River, 3 minutes drive to Mavis's Kitchen ( an iconic local restaurant and wedding venue) and 10 minutes drive from Mt Warning/Wollumbin National Park. The delightful village of Uki is just 5 minutes drive from your chalet. It is 15 minutes drive to Murwillumbah, 40 minutes to Nimbin, 45 minutes to Coolongatta/Gold Coast Airport and approximately 1 hours drive to Byron Bay and surrounds. Getting AroundOwn private transport is required in this area. Very limited bus service.
We regret we are not able to provide a " drop off " or "pick-up" service for guests attending weddings at Mavis's Kitchen under any circumstances. Please ensure all transport requirements are organised in advance of any functions being attended.
Walking from Mavis's Kitchen to our accommodation is absolutely not advised for safety reasons. Other Things to Note* Check in strictly between 3pm and 6pm. ( Please notify hosts of your approximate arrival time by text msg on the date of arrival, so we can be sure to greet you. Please be mindful of the fact that we are on NSW time. )
* Check out time by 11am. A late check-out (12pm) may be offered at the discretion of the owner.
* As we respect the privacy of our guests, we do not routinely offer a "turndown" or "refresh" service for stays of 3 nights or less.
* Please note that due to stairs to the loft, low ceiling space and low platform bed, this accommodation may not be suited to all people.
* Please note that a one couple, or a small family can be comfortably accommodated. We CAN accommodate up to 4 adults, but it may be a "tight squeeze" as there is currently no second bedroom...yet!
*Please note that domestic pets, ( friendly) cats and dogs reside at the property. Aside from our donkeys, alpacas and sheep, we also have an odd assortment of poultry, therefore a reasonable level of "farmyard" noise is to be expected at various times during your stay at Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning!
* Due to safety and insurance reasons, guests are not permitted access to the paddocks under any circumstances. Swimming in the water hole not permitted at any time.
* Children and pets reside at the main residence. We endeavour at all times, to keep any "noise" to a minimum while guests are staying on the property. Our children our not permitted unsupervised interaction with guests at any time, nor are they allowed any access to the grounds/inside of the chalet.
* Returning guest discount ( 10%) is available. Please advise at time of booking if you are a returning guest.
* Attending at Wedding at Mavis's Kitchen? If so, please note the following:
- Regrettably, we are not in a position to offer a "drop-off" or "pick-up" service under any circumstances, due to insurance and practical family reasons. Getting a taxi may be tricky. It will be wise to organise your transport/who is going to be the "skipper" well in advance, to avoid any complications or headaches. We have no wish to offend guests by having to refuse such requests.
* We are not able to offer guests an early "check-in" under any circumstances. If coming for a wedding, it would be therefore advisable to book the night before as well in order to eliminate any potential difficulties.
* Food and drink must not be consumed upstairs in the tatami mat room. Footwear must not be worn on the tatami mats.
* The hosts must be notified immediately of any issues (damage/breakages/malfunctions ) pertaining to the chalet.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.