The Space**PLEASE don't send a request unless you have a car. Public transportation is available, though not ideal - 25 min walk to bus stop, then 40 min bus ride to Addison Road Metro station. Bus runs M - F, 6 am - 7 pm only. No weekends or holidays.
A nicely appointed room with a twin bed and lots of sunshine awaits you. This 3 bedroom townhouse backs to the woods, where you'll see the occasional wildlife. Your shared guest bathroom is right outside the room.
In the neighborhood there's a swimming pool, basketball and tennis courts, plenty of walking trails around a lake and through the woods. An outside deck and separate patio invite a place to dine right next to nature. The gas fireplace invites relaxation after a long day or on cold nights. I have a small Yorkshire terrier who follows me around the house and stays out of the guests rooms. My house is your house. It is clean, smoke free and located in a safe, quiet residential area.
For mapping purposes, I'm at the intersection of Fenway Ln and Brown Station Rd in Upper Marlboro,MD:
* 13 miles from Washington, DC and 25 miles from Annapolis, MD
* Metro station (Largo Town Center Metro) is 8 miles away and once you're on the metro its 4 stops/8 minutes until you cross into DC.
* The U.S. Capitol is a 15 mile drive straight down Pennsylvania Ave or metro train ride for only 20 minutes.
* The White House is 20 miles or 36 minutes away driving.
* The National Mall w/ monuments and Smithsonian museums is 19 miles/26 minutes driving for sightseeing.
* The United States Naval Academy is 26 miles away
*Convenient to I-95, route 301, route 202 and route 4. Very close to Prince George's County Court House, Prince George's Community College, and Andrew's Air Force Base.
* Shopping centers nearby include Woodmore Town Center with the new Wegman's grocery store and the National Harbor with Tanger Outlet stores. Guest AccessYou'll receive a bedroom door key which is optional for you to use (encouraged if the other bedroom is also occupied). I also have a copy to enter in case of emergency or to service the room, in which case you'd be notified in advance. A front door key is also provided - you're free to come and go as you please. Interaction with GuestsI'm a hands-off host as I like to provide guests with their privacy. I am always reachable for questions about the house or advice about the area. Via text message is the best way. Getting AroundPlease don't send a request unless you'll have a car to drive during your visit. My area is rural, so public transportation very infrequent. The bus stops at 7p on weekdays and does not run on weekends.
I provide free on-street and driveway parking for your vehicle in a very safe neighborhood.