Beautiful, secluded ranch cabin on 200 private acres of the Four Sisters Ranch. Located in the most scenic part of the Texas Hill Country, ~ 90 mi NW of San Antonio and 7 mi from Utopia. Close to Garner State Park, the Frio River and Lost Maples State Park. Enjoy bright starry skies, unspoiled views and no nearby neighbors, city lights, or traffic.
This fully furnished ranch cabin features one bedroom with two queen beds (sleeps 4), one bathroom and a kitchen. Two large porches, a shaded BBQ area, patio, wildlife feeders and a fire pit are available for your enjoyment. You will see a variety of wildlife from the porch including deer, turkey, wild hogs and lots of birds!
Local activities: Golf in Utopia (the setting for the movie 7 Days in Utopia). Float the Frio River. Hike at Garner Park. Go birding at Lost Maple Park. Gaze at the stars. Photograph the picturesque hill country views. BBQ on the patio. Go wine tasting at Polvadeau Vineyards.
The Texas hill country is a wonderful year around birding & wildlife viewing destination! We are in one of the best areas of Texas to see the Golden Cheeked Warbler, Black Capped Vireo, Vermilion Flycatcher and more!
The cabin is 10 miles from Vanderpool, Tx home to Lost Maples State Natural Area, Polvadeau Vineyards and the Lonestar Motorcycle Museum. Garner State park, the Frio River and Concan are about 30 minutes away. Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Medina, Concan, Boerne, Bandera and Comfort are all close by and great for shopping. Night life is available in Bandera, 30 miles away. Our curvy, scenic roads boast fantastic hill country views.
• Sleeps 4 – Two Queen Sized Beds
• Large front and back porches
• BBQ grill, picnic table
• Outdoor fire ring
•Kitchen – Refrigerator, Stove, coffee-maker, microwave, sink with counter, blender
•Dining/living: table and four chairs, sofa.
•Bath room with shower
• All linens (sheets, blankets, towels) included
• Flat panel TV for watching movies on DVD
• Hiking or biking (no motorized vehicles please)
• Bird feeders and lots of wildlife (bring your binoculars)
• Deer feeder – watch turkey, deer from the back porch.
• Star gazing
• We have wildlife of all kinds including, fire ants, scorpions, etc and an occasional snake. Be prepared.
ONE WELL BEHAVED DOG is allowed if you can agree to the following:
The dog is not allowed to lie on our furniture or beds.
You will bring your dog's bedding.
You will not leave your dog unattended in the cabin. A crate is available for your use.
Your dog is on tick-flea medication.
You understand that we cannot guarantee the safety of your animal if it wanders into our neighbor's pasture. (Some dogs like to chase deer).
It is secluded, quiet and surrounded by trees, hills and wildlife.
~ 7 miles west of Utopia Texas
~ 90 NW of San Antonio.
- Less than 30 min to Garner State Park, the Frio River and Lost Maples State Park.
- nearby hiking, biking, fishing, river floating, bird-watching, star gazing
- This is a rural area with few stores and amenities. Everything closes early. Plan ahead.
- very limited cell phone coverage. AT&T; gets some reception. Print a map.
- there is a small grocery store in town with limited supplies and hours (~7miles)
- nearest large grocery store is 45 miles away (Hondo, Kerrville, Uvalde)
- nearest place to buy beer/wine is at the convenience store near Lost Maples State Natural Area
Directions to Cabin from Utopia: ( ~ 7 miles)
-Take hwy 187 North toward Vanderpool for 3 miles.
- turn left on to West Sabinal Rd. Stay to the right at the first intersection. Go 1.8 miles to LeMond Road.
- turn left on LeMond Rd, cross the cattle guard and continue for 1.5 miles. You will pass a vineyard, a big white house , 3 more cattle guards and 2 dry creek beds.; The cabin is on your right at 1848 Lemond Rd.