The SpaceFish Creek Cottage is a light-filled cosy cottage with crafted rustic timber features, an open plan interior, well equipped kitchen, 2 generous sized bedrooms, and comfortable furnishings throughout. It has been variously described by guests as "charming, creative, rustic, soothing, quaint, quirky and peaceful." Our cottage is ideal for couples, families or a small group of friends wanting to enjoy a relaxing escape, a chance to explore the villages, hills and beaches, or to hibernate, tucked up with a good book, winter fire and a good local wine!
Our cottage is an ideal base from which to explore some of the fantastic attractions of Prom Country - the Prom, the beaches, Cape Liptrap, the wineries and Great Southern Rail Trail. All within an easy stroll are four art galleries, three local cafes including 9 Acres cafe, the fabulous Fish Creek Hotel, the Celia Rosser Gallery, children's playground, and the Great Southern Rail Trail.
We like to take our much loved Labrador, Benson, with us when we head off for a getaway, and know that many of you love to bring your pets along with you as well - so we welcome well behaved dogs and other small pets (by prior arrangement). They can even sleep indoors, just not in the bedrooms or on the furniture. There is a large, fenced backyard giving dogs plenty of room to run around and explore, shade, food and water bowls... and the odd buried bone to discover.
OUR COTTAGE provides all you'd want for a relaxing weekend or mid-week escape including:
- 2 generous sized bedrooms - very comfy beds!
- 1 room with queen size bed
- 1 room with two king singles and one standard single bed
- Quality 100% cotton bed linen and bath towels provided
- Portacot and high-chair available (on request)
- Spacious cooks kitchen - timber features, laminate-free!
- Beautiful cookbooks for inspiration.
- Lemon tree, herbs in pots (parsley, thyme, oregano, rosemary, lemon verbena)
- French press, stovetop espresso and Aeropress coffee makers
- Fresh coffee beans, grinder, tea, sugar, hot-choc, organic milk supplied
- New fridge/freezer and new stove (2014)
- Quality cookware and utensils
- Vintage kitchen linen
- Long table for slow dinners with friends and family
- Morning sun - a perfect breakfast spot
- Large timber deck area & outdoor dining overlooking rural views
- Bottle shop supplying the best regional wines only 3 minutes walk away
- Large wood firebox in living room for toasty winter stays
- Plentiful supply of firewood, kindling, and fire-starters (in cold months)
- Book lovers selection of favourite books - classic and contemporary
- Board games - all the classics: scrabble, backgammon, chess, monopoly, mastermind
- Children's puzzles, wooden and vintage toys, colouring pencils
- Reverse cycle air-con
- Great selection of magazines
- TV and DVD/selection of DVDs
- Radio and CD player, selection of CDs
- Large shower with loads of hot water and a great shower-head
- Quality bath towels, hand towels, face washers, hand-soap, shampoo and conditioner, and tissues supplied
- Natural/chemical free cleaning products
- Washing machine, indoor drying rack and outdoor clothes line
- Portable fan and radiant heater in bed rooms
- Hairdryer and iron
- Renovated, managed and cleaned by the owners - keeping it personal and affordable
IN THE YARD
- Large established specimen trees, shade for pets
- Tyre swing - always a favourite
- Large lawn
- Free WiFi at nearby 9 Acres cafe
- Good mobile coverage with Optus, Telstra and Vodaphone Guest AccessGuests have sole access to the entire cottage. Your hosts live a few minutes walk away.
WiFi is available at 9 Acres Cafe along with great coffee!! (open Thurs to Monday 8:30 a.m to 4:00 p.m).
The NeighborhoodThe location is ideal for access to the stunning beaches - just 15 minutes away and Wilson's Promontory entrance, 20 minutes away.