What is the ART of creating a vacation rental? Starting with this question, we decided that for us it comes down to five words: Beauty. Comfort. And location, location, location.
Location: One of the most walkable and lovely neighborhoods in Walla Walla, we are adjacent to Wildwood Park (the unofficial dog park) and 4 blocks and 5 blocks from Pioneer Park and Whitman College respectively. A casual stroll to downtown takes a little under 20 minutes.
Beauty: Why stay at a vacation rental if it's not at least as nice as your place? We can't say you will prefer it to your own nest, but it's been decorated to provide an artful view everywhere your eyes land. Whether it's the beauty of the art on the walls, the whimsy of some of the décor, or simply the selection of color schemes which are visually soothing, everywhere your eyes land ought to bring a smile to your face. That's what we are shooting for.
Comfort: Into each life luxe touches must fall! We want you to be a little spoiled at My Walla Walla Getaway, including some of the undeniable pleasures of finer living: Seating you want to linger in; Egyptian and Supima high thread-count cotton sheets, a choice of soft to firm pillows on your bed; great shower pressure and a thirsty robe waiting for you afterward.
What's form without function? This is why we sought restaurant quality knives from Walla Walla's kitchen specialty store and why the reading lamps have bulbs strong enough to actually read by. It's why we secured the best Wi-Fi available and a 55 inch flat panel HDTV with a sound bar you can plug your device into and play your own music.
Amenities by Room (House has central A/C and heat.)
• Wood fireplace, comfortable seating for six original art, 55” HDTV with cable, DVD movies, music CDs and Bluetooth/USB port compatible sound bar for playing music from your device, landline phone, board games, library and a small gallery area to purchase gift items.
• Dining table seats six without leaves, eight with leaves; extra chairs available. Beautiful, new dinnerware and flatware. Schott Zwiesel Tritan Diva wine glasses.
• New stainless steel appliances; Gas stove.
• Fully stocked with cookware, essential small appliances (coffee maker and coffee grinder, blender, taster, microwave, rice steamer/slow cooker, hand mixer), utensils and serving dishes for eight.
• Assortment of some basic cooking ingredients and condiments including flour, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cream substitute, ketchup, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise. And enough coffee beans and oatmeal for a couple of mornings.
• Lovingly and beautifully furnished, each inspired by our great love for animals! Each room is equipped with:
o New high end Queen-size mattresses and box-springs (one firm, one plush)
o Highest quality Supima or Egyptian cotton sheets and Cuddledown comforters
o Four high-end feather-down pillows ranging from soft to firm (synthetic poly pillows also available)
o Two robes
o Plenty of storage for clothing
o Luggage rack
o Ceiling fan
o One bedroom has a small writing desk (taken from an early 20th Century cruise ship!)
• Original Art Deco tile, hardware and toilet/bath are in excellent vintage condition.
• Great water pressure.
• African “Black Soap” -- a delightful product that can be used as body wash, shampoo and shaving cream, so you can travel with less products. Very low suds, but leaves you squeaky clean.
• Lovely Wildwood Park is our 'side yard'!
• Covered tile patio with four sturdy, comfortable wrought iron chairs and a coffee table.
• High efficiency washer and dryer
• Laundry detergent available
• Private long driveway
NEW features available as of May 2015:
• Picnic basket and accessories