Newly Renovated Cabin – Beautiful, Relaxing, Walkout Lake Front
- Airport Shuttle
- Pets Allowed
- Swimming Pool
- Smoking Allowed
THE CABIN - “Lot 1028":
Built in 1979, our single-story cabin sits on a flat, 100’ wide lot with plenty of room to play and enjoy the breathtaking views of Lake Kampeska. The 850 square foot cabin was newly renovated this last year to include a full kitchen, living room & sunroom area with shiplap and vinyl wood plank flooring throughout, laundry, 1 bathroom, and 2 bedrooms sleeping 5 guests.
* The largest bedroom has a brand new queen-size bed. There's plenty of space for a portable crib in this room if you have a baby.
* The second bedroom has a bunk bed with full size sleeping on the bottom and a twin on top.
* Additional sleeping may be an option with additional cost per guest. Just let us know so we can assist you with accommodations.
* The kitchen is fully-equipped with the comforts of home, including a dishwasher, stove, fridge, coffee maker, plus all your needs for cooking. New concrete countertops & shiplap throughout. The dining area seats 5 guests.
* A washer and dryer is available to accommodate our guests.
* The bathroom has a full shower with a single sink, concrete countertop, wood plank tile, galvanized steel wainscotting, and closet including bath towels for cabin use only.
*Free secure WiFi
Our guest will have full access to the dock during the warm season.
Outside the cabin, new gas grill with propane tank, and a lakeside fire pit to enjoy after a fun day on the lake.
Please note that we do NOT allow pets on the property, but exceptions may be made depending on the circumstances (i.e. hunting).
THE LAKE :
Lake Kampeska is a 5,250 acre inland glacial lake in the state of South Dakota and is west-northwest of Watertown, SD. The lake is naturally shaped with numerous bays and peninsulas that form approximately 13.5 miles of shoreline. Lake Kampeska is connected to the Big Sioux River through a single inlet-outlet channel located on the northeast side. It is the third largest natural lake within the borders of South Dakota. Lake Kampeska is well-known for its depictions in art from artists such as Terry Redlin, John Greene, John Wilson, and Joshua Spies.
Lake Kampeska is a popular site for recreational activities including fishing, sail boating, biking, swimming, waterskiing, camping, and picnicking.
Public access to Lake Kampeska has locations on the north, east, south (State Recreation Area), and west shores of the lake. Lake Kampeska has two state parks Sandy Shores and Memorial Park and one city park.
Lake Kampeska also has 15 miles of bike trails that parallel it. Two golf courses also border the lake; Prairie Winds Golf Course to the south and Cattail Crossing Golf Course to the south-east.
Lake Kampeska contains black bullhead, black crappie, bluegill, bowfin, carp, channel catfish, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, white bass, muskellunge, northern pike, sunfish, rock bass, walleye, white sucker, yellow bullhead, and yellow perch.
Our cabin is conveniently located within a mile of one of the lake’s public accesses (Sandy Shores area), which is especially nice for ice fishing or snowmobiling in the winter.
Lake Kampeska is conveniently close to Highway 212 and I-29 and approximately 7-8 miles from Watertown, SD. Other bigger cities nearby: * 3.75 hours (207 miles) from Minneapolis, MN
* 2.2 hours (152 miles) from Fargo, ND
* 1.4 hours (110 miles) from Sioux Falls, SD
All the basic amenities you need can be found nearby: grocery and hardware stores, restaurants (sit-down and fast food), convenience stores, shopping mall, bait shops on the lake or in town, Bramble Zoo, a movie theatre, the Watertown Aquatic Park, Dakota Sioux Casino, a bowling alley downtown, two eighteen-hole golf of this without the craziness that’s typical of the bigger tourist areas. That’s one of the reasons we love it out here so much; it’s peaceful, low-key, and friendly. For more information, visit or send us a message.
We only rent our cabin to those who are responsible, courteous and willing to leave it in the condition that they found it in. A lot of hard work has gone into our cabin and we ask that guests respect it by treating it as if it were their own home. Thank you for understanding and appreciating our getaway! We invite you to stay at Lot 1028 on scenic Lake Kampeska. We’re sure you’ll love it as much as we do. Hope to see you soon!