The SpaceThe galley kitchen opens onto the dining & living & balcony, all of which overlook Sydney city, Darling Harbour and the Harbour Bridge.
Three good sized comfortable bedrooms
- 1 King Bed (upstairs, with en-suite), 2 Queen Beds (both downstairs, with adjacent bathroom). Comfortably accommodates 6 people as couples.
The open plan living area upstairs flows onto the balcony & terrace with gas BBQ & outdoor setting with seating for 6 - just perfect for taking advantage of Sydney’s sunny days.
The recently refurbished galley kitchen features generous black granite work surfaces, and modern appliances.
The kitchen/pantry is well-stocked with most essentials, and operates on an honour system.
We cater for friends visiting from Asia, providing chop sticks, ceramic ware & soup spoons, and a variety of Asian sauces.
The lower level sleeping area contains 2 bedrooms, bathroom with small spa bath & shower, plus guest powder room & toilet.
Security camera over the entrance gate, plus alarm system.
An easy stroll to Balls Head, several restaurants and cafes, a pharmacy, deli etc in Waverton village, & the station ensures you take advantage of Waverton village life.
Waverton station is 6 minutes walk, & is on the North Shore railway line from which you access North Sydney, Milson’s Point, the City & Chatswood (all only 6-12 minutes ride away); plus Homebush Olympic Park, NSW Central Coast & further north.
Crows Nest, the main local shopping strip, has many restaurants shops and cafes, and is just 5 minutes’ drive. Sydney Seafood markets, Darling Harbour & the city are 10 minutes across the bridge.
Perfect for friends and family (even youngsters) to relax and enjoy Sydney’s views & many special charms.
This lovely lower North Shore property & location provides you the enviable Sydney break you have been waiting for! If you have never visited Sydney before make this a truly once in a lifetime experience, as have so many of our previous guests.
And why not enjoy a few days at our Hardys Bay holiday house as well - perhaps a long weekend break, or spend a few days there on the way north to Queensland? Or in the Margaret River area of Western Australia. Please ask for links.
On request we will stock the fridge & larder with your special orders for food, wines, beers & refreshments - even gourmet sandwiches & fruit for your arrival!
Other extras include BridgeClimb bookings, Zoo tickets, etc but please just ask how we may assist you get the most from your Sydney stay.
We particularly enjoy catering for guests with youngsters & offer 'extras' such as (single or double) stroller, pram hire, high chair for babe, travel cot(s) & linen, gates for stairs, even some toys. No need to bring those bulky things such as prams & cots.
We even have a park & playground across the road, just is perfect for young children.
Generally minimum 4-5 nights, but 7 nights during peak holiday periods such December 15 to January 25, Easter & Chinese New Year.
Please ask for special pricing for stays from 3 weeks or longer, and ask for details if any of our 'extras' may be of interest. Guest Access• Foxtel (Australian equivalent to US Cable TV)
• Wi-fi - Up to 100GB downloads per week for up to 4 devices included in one-off 'cleaning' price
• Reverse cycle upstairs (downstairs is lovely & cool in summer)
• Chilled bottle of prosecco, bubbles or wine to welcome you
• Well-equipped kitchen, fridge with basics, & pantry with spice & herbs, cooking flavourings and Asian sauces. If you finish something the next guest will appreciate you replacing it. Feel free to leave non-perishables when you depart.
• Linen – sheets, pillowslips, towels, washers - arrangements for longer staying guests can be made to change linen &/or arrange mid-term cleans.
• Generous library covering wide variety of tastes, plus games & DVD's available.
• Hair driers in both bathrooms.
Also available by prior arrangement: -
• Cleaning & Linen change weekly – more frequently on request
• Pool & Gym access - North Sydney (6-7 minutes drive)
• Beach towels & other extras can be arranged on request.
• Other special requirements, such as laying in food, wine etc may be catered for you on request - whatever your need, please ask & we will do our level best to accommodate you. Interaction with GuestsRos & I are married, with four wonderful grown children, 6 grandchildren (at January 2015), including twin grandchildren who arrived April 2014, & two more who arrived January 2015.
New service for short stay guests - please request our suggested 'Itinerary', and ensure you get the maximum from 5-6 days in Sydney.
We look forward to welcoming you to our lovely residence and its’ breathtaking Harbour views over Darling Harbour, Sydney City & the Harbour Bridge!
As a guest April 2014 says - '(Michael & Ros) were very professional and organised in their dealings with us - it was like having a 5 star concierge at hand'.
Very Important please - if you believe you will make a booking please ensure you post detailed information about yourself and others travelling with you, including the AirBnB 'Verifications'. Trust is a very important part of the AirBNB process - we have been very open & candid with you; if you are the same with us it will facilitate transition from 'Enquiry' to 'Let's make a Booking'. The NeighborhoodWithin five minutes walk are five restaurants & cafes, 2 local grocery stores, a pharmacy. Just 6-8 minutes drive you will find >100 restaurants, cafes, bars and clubs. Waverton is as close to being a 'village' as you can find in a city the size of Sydney. Take a look at our Guest References for an idea of our perfect location! Getting AroundBuses outside the front entrance; trains from Waverton station - just 6 minutes walk; (URL HIDDEN) car hire available less than five minutes walk. As one guest in April 2014 says - 'The location is very convenient whether you have car or not'. Other Things to Note• Please ask how Ros & I can help ensure you get the most out of your stay, as well as Sydney's attractions and surrounding areas.
• We are open to guests enquiries for long stays duration >2 months - especially February to May most years (special prices for long booking).
• Chinese New Year & Spring Festival - we are a very popular destination for Guests from Asia, so book early
• 'Cable TV' - Foxtel is connected.
• For families with toddlers - double stroller, pram hire, cot(s), toys, high chair & gates for top & bottom of stairs are available on request - please order these early to avoid disappointment (small extra charge applies).
• A $5 donation will be made in rotation to one of our favourite Charities in respect of every confirmed booking made w.e.f. April 7 2015. The charities are: - Smith Family; The Salvos; & MS Society.
If you wish to join us making a similar donation please leave your contribution in a clearly marked envelope on completion of your booking, & we will email you a scanned copy of the receipt as evidence of the payment when made.