The SpaceThe master bedroom and bathroom are the crown jewel of the home. The bedroom has the most comfortable bed (therapeutic PranaSleep mattress), high ceilings and large (top to bottom) windows in the room. A large beautiful desk is available in the bedroom as well as two very comfortable chairs. There is also a TV in the room with access to Netflix.
The bathroom is open and large, super elegant with two marble sinks, a large jet bathtub overlooking a set of windows. Honestly, you could hang out the whole day in these two rooms, though (please know!) the entire home is available to you.
Finally, we have access to a children's guest bedroom across the hall in case you have up two other guests or children with you. This room includes two single beds with dressers and a beautiful kids bathroom with a shower. Guest AccessThe home is open to you, and during your time we'll do our best to make sure you feel like you are staying in the entire house. At your open-use is:
- the Living Room (fire place, leather furniture, Roland piano, big screen TV, surround sound, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, board games)
- the Kitchen (marble counters, fridge access, family table, large windows)
- the Family Room (comfy furniture, yoga and xbox)
- the Dining Room (expandable dining table)
- the Basement (table tennis)
- the Back Yard (BBQ grill, patio set, and half a soccer field of green grass! can set up the badminton/volleyball net up or bean bag toss game) Interaction with GuestsWe are a two-person family who love to host people and make their stay amazing. We are eager to give you the space you need to relax, but e're ready to give help or give advice at any time. We've traveled the world with AirBnb and so we want to provide you with the best kind of stay we can! The NeighborhoodOur home is set on a large circle drive (the size of a track field!) of 20+ other large unique homes. It has a walking sidewalk that circles around the homes and leads into a walking path around a quiet pond behind our neighborhood. The sidewalk path carries on to another close neighborhood and can be over a mile of walking if you choose (in a totally safe, beautiful and peaceful area!).
* For an Outdoor Getaway, less than 2 miles from the home are easy access and rentals to kayaking, boating, canoeing, paddle boarding, sailing, and fishing in the Irondequoit bay. There are water-front restaurants and bars that make for a casual or classy date.
Sunset views on Lake Ontario as well as boating, camping and hiking at Webster Park is less than 4 miles from our driveway. Other family fun is super close, including SeaBreeze Amusement Park, boardwalk beaches on Lake Ontario, downtown restaurants, Strong Museum of Play and the Planetarium, all within 10 miles.
* For a Wellness Getaway, there is a Breathe yoga studio, Massage Envy, and nice nail & hair salons, only half a mile away.
* For a Shopping Getaway, there are several shopping/food districts down the street from us. Including Barnes and Noble, Kohls, TJ Maxx, Target, Old Navy, Dick's, Wegmans, Hobby Lobby, Chipotle, Core Life, Panera, Buffalo Wild Wings, Moe's, Uno's Pizza, Red Robin.
The Eastview Mall and Greece Ridge Mall are both 25 minutes away. Waterloo outlets are 35 minutes away. The amazing Destiny Mall in Syracuse is 60 minutes away. Getting AroundWe have a garage and large driveway for parking. Please let us know if you'd prefer to use our garage. We are down the street from the main highway that takes you into Rochester.
We also have several bikes and sets of rollerblades if you want to travel light! Other Things to NoteWe can accommodate a specialty diet for your breakfast -- Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free. We also have awesome smoothies (VitaMix!), a high quality juicer (Champion brand), coffee, and tea selection. We have fresh cut fruit, cereals, eggs and bacon/sausage, french toast, etc. Breakfast is our favorite part of the day, so let us take care of you. :)
For other meals in the day, the kitchen is open to you to utilize, though please note that Steph has celiacs and so we just ask that you are careful with your use of wheat or flour in the kitchen, cleaning up after each use. :)