The SpaceWarm earthy tones in custom stained glass, tile and design please the senses at our Italian cozy charmer. Serene, well laid out simple spaces bring classic and casual comfort and calm to your stay. TuscInn comfortably sleeps 4 although there are sleepers for more.
* BEDROOMS - If you are needing only one bedroom, mention that when you book and I will offer a discount.
* TuscInn is on the bottom floor of the main house with 2 walk-outs and windows on 2 sides. Windows have screens and allow opening for the evening cooler air.
* SOUNDS -You can hear furniture, footsteps, my Dad's walker and sometimes the TV if Dad has it up loud. He is 95.
The Freeway is near, but once inside it can barely be heard. It is a handy on/off access to the area.
* ENTRANCE - Parking and the front door of TuscInn is down the driveway hill and to the right of the main house just past Juliart School (located in the garage renovated space on the bottom floor).
When you enter the gate of the covered patio, the orange stained glass front door is on the right with one of the gardens on the left and the furnished patio for outdoor living enjoyment at the entrance.
* KITCHEN - The fully equipped kitchen has basics for cooking your own meals. There is lots of room in the pantry for storage of your own food stuffs. Also located in the pantry is a picnic basket for your use. There are 3 sleeping bags on the top shelf for use on the sofa/chaise beds.
* EGGS - We provide fresh eggs from our chickens.
* GARDEN - Expect to see me, my husband, Andy or my dad (Bob) quietly caring for the gardens and grounds of Juland. We love to chat if you are so inclined. We will bring fresh veggies/fruit from the garden in season. Guest AccessYou will have access to:
* Private Paved Parking
* The entire private 2BR Guest House with it's own entrance.
* Covered outdoor furnished Entrance Patio w/ BBQ
* Sitting Room with entry closet, TV and double sleeper sofa and twin sleeper chaise lounge.
* Dining room w/ table and chairs
* Desk/Work space
* Reading Nook with chaise twin sleeper.
* Fully equipped Kitchen with stove, oven, full refrigerator, sink with garbage disposal, pantry, countertops and cupboards stocked with basics like oil, sugar, salt and pepper, Bisquick, herbs and spices... There are small appliances: toaster, blender, crock pot, coffee maker, waffle maker, coffee grinder. There is bakeware, dinner ware, mixing bowls, pots and pans, utensils and place settings.
* Firenze Bedroom has a King Bed, full closet, carpeted floor and armoire, bedside table and overhead fan/light. Access the furnished outdoor tiled courtyard through the glass slider of Firenze.
* Fiesole Bedroom has a double bed, widow seat, built-ins, dressing table, 2 curtained Windows (the larger one looking out on the chickens), a tiled floor and a full closet.
* The Jack and Jill Bathroom between the 2 bedrooms has a toilet, sink, corner shower and custom tile-work, plus storage for your toiletries.
* Off limits are the outside storage sheds.
* Each guest house has it's own private outdoor spaces and is off limits to the other guest house. Interaction with GuestsWe love to meet our guests. We are available to answer questions and give suggestions, but are not hovering hosts.
You will register, pay occupancy taxes, get the key and be taken on a tour of your home away from home with thoughtful amenities to make your stay comfy.
WHAT IS THE WELCOME LIKE?
We put your name(s) on the Welcome Board outside the Guest House. We also love to have little surprises, to get the oohhs and aaahhhs!
After you register at the Main House, we will take you on a tour down the driveway to the Guest House and it's garden, covered patio and courtyard.
You will park your car to the right of the driveway in front of the fence with iron inserts and glass globs inserted to catch the light.
HOW MANY DOES TUSCINN GUEST HOUSE SLEEP?
Firenze Bedroom sleeps 2 comfortably on a king bed. Fiesole Bedroom comfortably sleeps 2 on a double Bed. There is also a sofa sleeper and 2 chaise sleepers for 4 more, with sleeping bags (in the top of the pantry closet) or bedding in the drawers under the Nook.
WHO IS TUSCINN GUEST HOUSE FOR?
It is ideal for a family, an extended family, a couple or singles, or a friends and family meet up.
WHAT IS A SELF-SERVE BREAKFAST?
Our chickens provide fresh eggs for your breakfasts.
Our guests recognize the value of thoughtful amenities that allow you to cook and bake your own self-serve meals as the cottage has everything you need to cook and serve meals except lunch and dinner foods. There are spices, salt and pepper, oil, Bisquick/pancake mix, and sugar and butter. We also provide breakfast breads, milk, fresh coffee beans and fruit. Please let us know your preferences, any allergies or gluten or lactose intolerance.
HOW CLOSE IS THE FREEWAY?
The freeway is nearby. Once you close the door and windows it can barely be heard as TuscInn is well insulated. To us the freeway is a constant calming sound. It provides easy on and off to the various attractions of the area.
WHAT IS THE GARDEN LIKE? It is calming, peaceful, pleasant, and appealing to the senses. The outdoor patio looks over the garden.
In Winter the garden is dormant and the outdoor furniture is stored.
There is a peek-a-boo view of Mt Shasta through the trees.
The Courtyard will have a private fire pit at the top of the steps with seating.
WHAT ARE WINTERS LIKE?
Winter months are November through February. Nights are colder than days. Usually the sun comes out and it warms a bit even in winter. There are only a couple of times a year that we have severe winter storms. We rarely have to put on chains, but we always carry chains as we live in the mountains. You should carry chains when you come to visit in the winter.
The freeway is frequently plowed in case of snow and rarely gets completely closed down. Our road is a main street and regularly gets plowed during a snow. If snow is building up it is wise to park at the mouth of our driveway unless you have snow tires.
We have a snow blower.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
Expect to be cared for but not hovered over.
Expect friendly folk.
Expect vegetables and/or fruit from the garden during the growing season which is June to September or October.
Expect cool nights and warmer days.
Expect changeable weather in the winter and options for winter sports.
Expect "Flower" the cat which looks like a skunk to be in the yard. She cannot enter TuscInn.
Expect the gardener. The gardener is my 95 year old Dad who lives with us. He definitely has a 'green thumb' and loves to work the garden. You may see him or hear the scritch-scratch of his spade. He quietly goes about the garden in some area each day of the growing season; hoeing weeds, picking produce, tilling the soil or watering. He may not have his hearing aids in, but If you can engage him in conversation, he loves it. The NeighborhoodJuland is our little Tuscan Villa with the buildings nestled among gardens on a hill. Juland includes the main house; Juliart School and Studio; TuscInn, a 2 BR guest house; and Garden Gate Cottage, a Studio Apartment Guest House and the chicken coop.
1) The main house is on street level and is the upper floor.
2) Down the driveway is Juliart School, a place to create works of art ( painting, sculpture, fused glass, mosaic, stained glass...). It is located downstairs in the renovated garage.
3) TuscInn is a renovated 950 sf downstairs 2 BR, 1 B guest house with a covered patio overlooking the middle garden and side terraced courtyard. With glimpses of Mt Shasta through the trees.
4) Garden Gate Cottage is at the bottom of the hill down a flight of stairs. It is a studio guest cottage located in the lower garden. When staying at TuscInn the cottage and it's outdoor spaces are off limits. Getting AroundThe City of Weed is located in south Siskiyou County. It is a mountain college community at the 'heart' of Mt. Shasta. It is best to have a car to get around to stellar sights and activities within a 30 mile radius.
PRIVATE PARKING: There is a circular drive for the main house and a parking lot down the driveway for TuscInn and Garden Gate Cottage.
THE PROPERTY: We have forested trees all around our property which is fenced on a lot in our small mountain community. The neighborhood is safe and quiet.
SHORT HIKES: 2 mile circle (along South Weed Blvd), the Bear Trail or the Meadow Trail, they are gentle walks within a half mile.
CITY: Within a 1/2 mile there is the Dollar General, In a mile there is Rays Grocery, restaurants, bowling, walks, the College of the Siskiyous, small town shops and banking.
ACTIVITIES: Our Cottage is 5 minutes from the Weed Golf Course, 10 minutes from the City of Mt. Shasta, 10 minutes from Stewart Hot Springs, 25 minutes from the ski resort as well as many day trips to great places of interest. Other Things to NoteThere is a 10% city occupancy tax and a 2% Siskiyou County Tourism Improvement District(SCTID) assessment for stays under 30 days. You will pay this with cash or credit card when you register and get your key at the main house.