The SpaceThis modern 2-storey, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom townhouse with secure undercover car parking is the ideal base for your visit to Melbourne or the rest of Victoria. Less than 20 minutes by car/cab to Melbourne International Airport. 8 km (15 minute drive) or 30 minutes by bus/train from the City CBD.
Ideal for families, singles and business travellers.
The apartment can accommodate up to 6 people. The Main bedroom has a King Size bed that can be set up as 2 Single beds, if you prefer; The second bedroom has a Queen size bed, and the Living area has a double fold-out sofa/bed. All the beds are extremely comfortable.
The Apartment Features:
- An open plan living area with reverse-cycle air-conditioner, fold-out divan, couch, table and chairs, and great kitchen. It opens out onto a large terrace with sliding glass door and security screen. There is a table and chairs on the terrace.
- The modern kitchen features an island bench with stools, fridge, stainless steel gas cooking appliances, dishwasher, kettle, coffee machine, toaster, microwave, pots and pans.
- Main bedroom (downstairs) features a king-sized bed, walk-through wardrobe (with clothes hangers) and ensuite bathroom (shower, vanity unit, hairdryer, shampoo, conditioner, and w.c.). This bed can be arranged into 2 single beds if you prefer.
- The second bedroom (downstairs) has a queen-size bed and built-in robes complete with clothes hangers, an iron and ironing board.
- The main bathroom includes w.c., vanity unit, and shower over a full-sized bath.
- Both bedrooms have large sliding glass doors, security screens and reverse-cycle air-conditioners. They open onto a courtyard which has a clothesline and access to the lock-up garage.
- The apartment is airy, light-filled, and has double-glazed windows throughout.
- Upstairs is the open plan kitchen, meals, living area which has a comfortable fold-out couch/divan that can sleep 2. The island bench or dining table, together with the fast wifi/internet are an ideal laptop friendly workspace for business people needing to do some office work.
We provide: sheets, duvets, towels, tea towels, hand-wash, shampoo and conditioner, 2 x hair dryers, clothes hangers, dishwashing detergent (for the sink and the dishwasher), and clothes-washing detergent.
With a range of affordable cafes and restaurants nearby, we are also only 6 minutes drive from Barkly Street Footscray, one of Melbourne's best Asian and African restaurant precincts.
Just a short walk to public transport, shops, bakery, doctor and take-away food outlets.
We are located just 500 metres from a Supermarket, pharmacy, and bakery; 3 minutes drive to a major shopping centre (Central West), and a quick bus ride from Highpoint shopping centre (one of Melbourne's largest suburban hubs with shopping, cinema, aquatic centre). The bus stops outside our apartment.
Public transport to the city is easy: A bus stop is located 100 metres away. It takes you to Footscray Railway Station (then you can board a train to the city); 500 metres away is a bus that goes directly to the city. Or, 20 metres away is a bus to Sunshine Railway Station (trains to the city)
The apartment is close to Flemington Racecourse, Moonee Valley Racecourse, Western Hospital, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne Zoo and Royal Park, and a 1km walk to the river walks along the Maribyrnong river.
It is only 12 km to Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne Arts Precinct.
Less than 20 minutes by car or cab to Melbourne International Airport.
15 minute drive or 35 minutes by bus/train from the City and all it has to offer: Aquarium, Shrine of Remembrance, Royal Botanical Gardens, Federation Square, Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Etihad Stadium, Rod Laver Arena, Eureka Skydeck, Melbourne Museum, Crown Casino, Queen Victoria Market, Flinders Street Station, and the city's fabulous shopping, theatres, laneway culture hotspots, and arts precinct, and fabulous restaurants. Discover why Melbourne is the sporting, food and cultural capital of Australia!
We are 1km walk from the Maribynong river at Cranwell Park; 450 m from sporting ovals at Costello Reserve and Dobson Reserve; 750 m to the beautiful 27-hole Medway Golf Club; 500 m from Derrimut Gym ($5 single session - no membership required), 2 km from Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre and Gymnasium (no membership required); 7 minutes drive (4 km walk) to Flemington Racecourse and Melbourne Showgrounds; 15 minutes drive to Melbourne Zoo; and just minutes away from multi-cultural Footscray with its diverse range of affordable and exciting food from all the corners of the globe!
Neighbouring suburbs: Maribyrnong, Footscray, Seddon, Yarraville, Sunshine, Moonee Ponds. Guest AccessYou will have access to a secure undercover car park and an extra off-street car space (2 spaces in total), access to the entire apartment with 2 bedrooms and fold-out couch/divan, 2 bathrooms, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 clothes lines , wifi internet and tv. Interaction with GuestsWe will try to greet and welcome you, but on occasions may not be able to, due to work commitments. 24-hour check-in also available.
You can contact us on our mobile phone numbers if you have any queries during your stay. The NeighborhoodMaidstone is multi-cultural, close to the city and has easy access to Melbourne and Victoria's great attractions.
Remember Melbourne is continually rated as one of the world's most liveable cities. We are very proud of her.
Getting Around3 Buses stop within 500 metres of the apartment.
Bus directly to the city: 500 metres away.
Bus to Footscray railway station (then train onto the city): 100 metres away
Bus to Highpoint Shopping Complex: next door (and opposite).
We are 10 minutes drive to the M1 highway that takes you to:
- Avalon Airport, Geelong, West Coast: Great Ocean Road, Lorne, Anglesea, Bells Beach, Torquay, and Queenscliff. Geelong (Victoria's second largest city) is 68 km or 55 minutes away.
- Or take the M1 to the other side of Melbourne via the Monash Freeway or Nepean Highway. Why not head over to see the penguins at Phillip Island?
15 minutes drive to the M8 highway that takes you to Ballarat (Sovereign Hill, Kryal Castle) and Daylesford. Ballarat is 100 km or 1 hour drive away. Bendigo is 145 km away via M8 and then the Calder Highway. Other Things to NoteThis space is ideal for Business Travellers: laptop friendly workspaces, large number of double power-points, fast wifi/internet accessible throughout the apartment, clothes hangers, iron and ironing board, 2 x hairdryers, hand and body wash, shampoo, conditioner etc., and a secure off-street garage, and a second off-street car park.
A 24-hour check-in service is also available.