The SpaceWe have two guest bedrooms in the main section of our house. Each sleeps two, and they share a bathroom. This listing is for one of the bedrooms. Guest AccessYou have access to pretty much every part of our home. When we are not serving meals, guests may bring their own food and use the kitchen with refrigerator, stove top, two ovens, silverware, plateware, pots, and pans. Coffee, tea, fresh water, and fruit are available throughout your stay. Meals are served based on prior request and approval. For meals add: $5 per person for breakfast, $8 per person for lunch, and $15 per person for dinner. All meals are prepared with organic ingredients, and food preferences and allergies will be accommodated.
There's a great deck off the back of the house, and 2+ acres of private woods to enjoy. Other features include:
- 2 fireplaces (one in living room, one in dining room) + outdoor fire pit with wood included
- 2 bicycles
- Barbecue (propane gas included)
- Board and trivia games
- Lawn games (bocce, Kan Jam, frisbees)
- Musical instruments from around the world
- Basement, den, arts & crafts room available as private workspaces
- Great outdoor spots for watching the various animals who frequent the property (birds, chipmunks, squirrels, deer, rabbits, wild turkeys) Interaction with GuestsWhen schedules permit, we prefer to interact with our guests, and encourage you to share your stories and ask us for anything you need or are interested in to make your visit the best possible. However, we understand that you may prefer privacy during your stay, and we will certainly respect that to ensure you have a peaceful and serene experience. The NeighborhoodThe creative mind can take advantage of the serenity and calmness of the property, go for a quiet hike through the woods, or walk along the shores of Norwalk or Westport beaches.
For those guests who would also like to kick it up a notch, we recommend the following activities around town. These are all places that we frequent often with our family and friends, locals and out-of-towners (click on our Guidebook link at the bottom of the listing to see where these are on the map, as well as more information about these and other places of interest).
Bars and Restaurants in order of proximity to our home:
Cobbs Mill Inn - Weston
Lumberyard - Georgetown
Bar Taco - Westport
Acqua - Westport
Black Duck - Westport
Valencia - Norwalk
Mecha Noodle Bar - South Norwalk
The Spread - South Norwalk
Frank Pepe's Pizzeria - Fairfield
Two Roads Brewery - Stratford
Sight Seeing (all free):
Ambler Farm - Wilton
Norwalk River Valley Trail - Wilton
Weir Farm National Historic Site - Wilton
Bisceglie Park and Nature Trail - Weston
Redding Center for Mindfulness and Meditation - Redding
Devil's Den Nature Preserve - Wilton/Redding/Weston
Saugatuck River Trail - Weston
Sherwood Island State Park and Beach - Westport
Seaside Park and Beach - Bridgeport Getting AroundWhile it's easiest to get around by personal car, we are an $8 Uber ride from the Wilton Metro North Railroad Station (3 miles, approximately 5-10 minute ride). Train line also connects to other major stations (e.g. South Norwalk, Darien, Stamford, NYC Grand Central Terminal). Once at our house, you can walk or bicycle to many of the local attractions mentioned within 30 minutes.