The SpaceThe beach house had been built on an elevated property overlooking the ocean. Huge windows fronts makes the house bright and allows the refreshing breeze to cool you down. The amazing view towards Apo Island can't even be described with words.
The house can easily accommodate up to 10 persons. The place has two private bedrooms with kingsize beds and one studiotype bedroom good for 5 persons. One living room and one dining room complement the place. The living room can easily be equipped with extra beds.
A newly renovated shared kitchen with its cozy atmosphere invites you to cook and to dwell about.
The surrounding trees and the nicely landscaped garden make your stay a truly relaxing and memorable experience. And not to forget the hammocks and sunbeds in the garden. :)
The place invites you to enjoy nature with all its beauties.
I always encourage my guest to experience their vacation as unplugged as possible. :)
We have a strong and stable WIFI connection. Download speed up to 2mbps and upload speed up to 1mbps.
Exclusive day trips to Apo Island can be arranged. Boats from Apo Island pick you up directly infront of the beach house at affordable rates. Please feel free to inquire about the available packages. :)
On the property we have two new Honda scooters, which can be rented on a daily basis.
If you wish to have a breakfast or other meals prepared for you, just let us know. There is almost nothing we can't do. :)
- Transfers from the city and back
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Motorcycle rental
- Day trips
- In house massage
- Booking of tickets Guest AccessGuests can access all parts of the house. The beach is just five steps away. Interaction with GuestsI would love to give you tips and suggestions of the area and about the best spots Negros Oriental has to offer: Apo Island, Balanan Lakes, Casaroro Waterfalls, Twin Lakes, Whaleshark watching in Oslob, the best snorkling spots around and many more. The NeighborhoodSet in a place by the sea and away from the hassle and bussle of the city. The beach house is located directly in front of Apo Island in a district 4km away from Dauin, famous for its resorts, diving, snorkeling, and a relaxed lifestyle amidst the backdrop of the sea, sand, and towering coconut trees. Dauin is 20 kilometers away from Dumaguete City, the capital of Negros Oriental. The beach house is set inside the parameters of a private residence in a local fishing village, just 10 minutes away from the famed Malatapay Market, which only opens every Wednesday and sells pretty much everything you can think of, plus everything you can't. Getting AroundYou have four options how to get here:
1. Ceres liner bus- Go to the Ceres liner bus terminal and take a bus bound to either Siaton,Bayawan, Sipalay. Tell the conducter to let you out in “Maayong-Tubig; Unity Fishing”. Fare is 20Pesos. I will pick you up at the highway.
2. Take a tricycle – Take a tricycle and tell the driver to take you to Maayong-Tubig in Dauin. Once you are in "Maayong Tubig" you will pass "Shane's gas station". Around 500m later look for signboard with "unity fishing" on it. Opposite is a huge acacia tree. Tell the driver to go down the dirt road. At the junction turn right. Follow the way until you reach a yellow and blue gate. If you get lost ask for Hans’ house.
3. Rent a scooter and drive by yourself (the most fun of all) - Follow the national highway towards the south. If you pass by Robinson mall then you are on the right way. Follow the street for about 20km. After the first 8km you will reach 'Bacong' town. After another 8km you will pass by 'Dauin' proper.
Once you are in "Maayong Tubig" you will pass "Shane's gas station". Around 500m later look for signboard with "unity fishing" on it. Opposite of it is a huge acacia tree. I will meet you at the highway!
4. A pickup can be arranged from anywhere in the city. This will be charged with 800PHP. Other Things to NoteI highly recommend for my guests to rent a motorcycle or other vehicle when staying at the place. Many sites which are worth visiting are best reached with a XRM scooter. A scooter or car also makes you way more mobile and flexible.
If you are planning to buy a philippine sim card, consider buying a sim card from the telecommunication company "Smart". The coverage is the best in the country, also in rural areas like Dauin.
Before leaving the city, I highly recommend you to do your groceries in one of the bigger malls (Lee Plaza or Robinsons). There are markets close to the house, but they only sell basic groceries like rice, veggies, fruits, fish, etc.